On average, you work 90,000 hours of your life. We’re here to make sure you don’t waste any of them.
The Life You Want, The Marriage You Want… The Family That You Want, Is Going To Be Fueled By A Career That You Thrive In…
£40,000 + DOE
Application Deadline Ends Soon
Just one application
can change your life
From: Danielle Mitton
Location: MMS Marketing
How many people in the team at MMS? What’s the structure like?
- 16 full time on the team
- We also work closely with 3 to 4 freelancers
- 20 altogether
- The SEO manager works as part of the 8 strong account management team
- You’ll work particularly closely with the SEO exec and social and content manager
- The perfect person for this role will be reporting to Danielle the MD
- Working with the account management team to help grow the SEO business
What kind of clients does MMS work with?
- Housing market – niche
- Property – new homes, big houses, first-time buyer homes – a big plus if you love property
- Few clients – out of industry – none of them are SEO clients yet…
- The business has been established for 26 years
- The business is growing – we’re know in the industry and housebuilders are approaching us to pitch, which is great!
- We currently have six clients on SEO retainers
How would you describe MMS company culture?
- Relaxed friendly environment
- Everybody gets involved
- No job is too big or too small for anyone
- We work genuinely as a team
- Good success rate for keeping people – a large proportion of the team have been with us five years plus, for example Curtis started as a junior and is now a director
What’s the career progression opportunities like at MMS?
- We want this person to come in and get stuck into our existing clients, and look to grow the SEO business with us
- There is the opportunity to eventually become head of search
How does MMS celebrate employee success?
- We share new business wins with the team
- If we have a new business win we like to go out for a team celebratory meal
- Individual success is recognised by shouting about it to the wider team, and maybe a voucher to treat yourself!
- We have an end of year team bonus based on business performance
What does the perfect candidate look like?
- Competent on technical side, understand development – don’t have to code but needs to be able to brief our highly skilled dev team
- Confident with putting content together
- Analysing data and create meaningful reports
- Building client relationships
When I find the perfect candidate what does your interviewing process look like?
- 30 mins teams call – chemistry call
- 3 hour practical – via teams or if they want to in office
- If everything goes well then it’s a job offer
Please Check All Of The Questions
Where Your Answer Is YES!
As SEO manager, the successful candidate will work as part of our account management team, across a number of clients. This role is perfect for a proactive and enthusiastic person, who is already obsessed with all things search. They will have already had experience growing brands through search engine marketing, ideally in an agency environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developing and implementing SEO strategies for a range of clients to increase website traffic, and other metrics, through organic search
- Client SEO account management – telephone/email/face to face contact with multiple clients
- Carrying out keyword research and analysis and the use of keyword ranking tools
- Carrying out backlink building, directory submissions and revisions, internal link optimisation and meta optimisation
- Creating high-quality SEO content yourself, and the ability to brief a creative copywriter, the further ability to then refine that creative copy to be SEO optimised
- Conducting on-site and off-site analysis of clients’ websites and their competitors’ websites
- Briefing in technical SEO amends to the development team, measuring and refining their effectiveness
- Using Google Analytics and other reporting tools to conduct performance reports regularly, drawing conclusions and making recommendations, including the ability to show ROI for search investment
- Managing Google My Business accounts
- On-the-job mentoring of a junior search executive (line management potential)
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in SEM
- Experience working within a fast-paced agency, with the ability to manage multiple clients and enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking
- Experience in an SEO specialist role
- A pro at SEO copywriting, brilliant English comprehension coupled with copywriting ability, strong proof-reading skills and great attention to detail
- Google Analytics expert
- Understanding of coding techniques – HTML, CSS
- Thorough understanding of web design and site structures
- Experience with link building and back link analysis
- Strong communication skills
- An excellent team player
In return for your skills and experience as SEO manager, we will offer:
- A great opportunity to work for an established creative agency, within a dynamic team, producing industry-leading work
- A competitive salary
- 30 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days with length of service, PLUS your birthday off work!
- Hybrid office/homeworking (with as little as one day per week from the office required after completion of probationary period)
- Opportunities for professional career development, through a one-to-one dedicated personal development plan process
- Free staff car parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company outings and teambuilding events
- When you’re in the office, all the tea and coffee you could ever need, and a fuss with the office dog!