On average, you work 90,000 hours of your life. We’re here to make sure you don’t waste any of them.
The Life You Want, The Marriage You Want… The Family That You Want, Is Going To Be Fueled By A Career That You Thrive In…
Application Deadline Ends Soon
Just one application
can change your life
From: Jamie Irwin
Location: Straight Up Search
How many people are on the team?
- Content & Digital PR Executive – Hannah / https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannah-mcmurray-4324221b8/
- Digital Marketing Executive – Maddie / https://www.linkedin.com/in/maddie-irwin-b5a671230/
- Jamie – Owner and SEO expert – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamieirwin/
- Iain – Senior SEO Executive
- Kacie – Admin, Payroll & HR – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kacie-hanger-450370122/
- Team of 2 Virtual Assistants (trial at present), looking to build this into a team of ~5 VAs
How would you describe the company culture?
- At our company, we pride ourselves on our ability to excel in one thing and do it exceptionally well.
- Our core values of focus and dedication have allowed us to become experts in SEO and achieve outstanding results.
- With a vision to be assertive, loyal, innovative, and intuitive, we’re a team that’s driven by progress and growth.
- As the owner, I believe in leading by example and fostering a culture of ownership and flexibility. I give my team the freedom to take on projects and see them through to completion, with the trust that if they put in the work, they will be rewarded with the flexibility to excel in their roles.
How do you deal with a remote team?
- At our company, we understand the importance of connection and team bonding, even in a remote working environment. That’s why we have implemented regular digital lunch times, where our team can come together and enjoy a meal while catching up and connecting with one another.
- We also believe in fostering a strong team spirit that’s why our team members in Northern Ireland get use of the company card to spend time together in coffee shops and for lunch, which helps them to bond and build stronger relationships.
- We are fully remote, but we priortise building strong connections among our team members, to ensure a cohesive and successful team.
How does the company celebrate employee success?
- We host team happy hours complete with games and prizes (gift cards), as well as virtual recognition awards that give employees special shout-outs for going above and beyond. Sometimes we have Finish Early Fridays if we’ve had team successes.
Can you describe what the perfect candidate would look like for you?
- Excellent communication skills with external stakeholders
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for the work
- A passion for the industry and a drive to succeed
- The ability to handle difficult stakeholders and navigate challenging situations with ease.
- Someone passionate about the company
When I find the perfect candidate what does your interviewing process look like?
- 30 min chemistry call with Jamie
- 30 mins with wider team
Please Check All Of The Questions
Where Your Answer Is YES!
- Join Straight Up Search and be a part of a dynamic team as we seek a highly motivated, detail-oriented and experienced SEO to help grow our portfolio of websites.
- As a self-starter, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of various projects and utilise your skills in SEO and project management to drive success.
- With a minimum of 3 years experience, you will have the chance to work remotely, but also have the possibility of connecting with the team in person at team meetups in the future.
Here are some job tasks:
- Monthly website audits.
- Managing client expectations & account management.
- Keyword research and tracking.
- Position tracking.
- Monthly progress and KPI’s report
- On-site fixes and optimisations (page titles, title tags, technical fixes etc).
- Good knowledge of link building
- Assistance with Content strategy.
- Reporting and analytics using Google Analytics
- SEO expertise
- Ability to write, edit, and format in WordPress backend
- Ability to write, edit, and format in Google Docs
- Ability to use content and research tools – MarketMuse, SurferSEO tools to expand upon topics as needed
- Ability to perform keyword research using AHREFs to find interesting topics to cover
- Ability to use Trello.com for project management
One of the main thing I’m looking for is initiative. You learn from your mistakes, you learn from teachings and you’re able to get on with tasks.
That said, communication is absolutely key in this role. I will expect regular check-ins and progress via our project management tools ( Trello and considering moving to Clickup )