On average, you work 90,000 hours of your life. We’re here to make sure you don’t waste any of them.
The Life You Want, The Marriage You Want… The Family That You Want, Is Going To Be Fueled By A Career That You Thrive In…
$60k – $75
Application Deadline Ends Soon
Just one application
can change your life
From: Andrea Barnhill
How many people are in the SEO team?
There are 6 of us right now. We aim to grow our team to 11 by the end of this year.
- Andrea Barnhill – Co founder & Director of Ops – https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrea-barnhill-7b220766/
- Tyler Cooper – Co founder & Director of Search – https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyler-cooper-a1157055/
- Meghan Lemine – Outreach Manager – https://www.linkedin.com/in/meghan-lemine/
- Jack Kelly – SEO Specialist – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-m-kelly/
- Denra Laville – Junior SEO Analyst – https://www.linkedin.com/in/denra-laville-545613172/
- Leah Montenegro – Client Strategy Manager – https://www.linkedin.com/in/leah-montenegro/
Socratik Core Values
- Provide real solutions to read problems
Leave no stone unturned on the path to uncovering the best solution to solve a problem. Driving meaningful results is the real win.
- Client results > company profit.
Go the extra mile, even if it means sacrificing more time or resources, to make a big impact.
- Be accountable.
We’re there for each other – we show up for clients, team members, and take ownership for what we’re responsible for.
- Celebrate the wins.
Take any and all opportunities to celebrate!
How would you describe the company culture?
At Socratik, we are:
- Gritty. Scaling a company is a ground war, not only an air war, and every team member carries the company toward achieving its ambitious business goals.
- A Proactive Opportunist. Actively seeks out “new” and “better” and makes daydreams become reality.
- A team player. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Amorphous. Evolve and change and grow with the company. Shape your own destiny.
Additional aspects about our workplace:
- We work hard, play hard
- You’ll be acknowledged and rewarded
- Professional development is a priority
- Opportunity to join the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup – 50% YoY growth goal for 2023
- Supporting clients like Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Davines, Neighbor, Comfort Zone, UCF Online
- We’re a very flexible workplace
- Unlimited PTO (+ Closed for holidays – Christmas through New Years Day)
- Host at least one meet up a year. We went to San diego this year and sailed around the city by boat.
When I find the perfect candidate what does your interviewing process look like?
- 15 min quick intro – chemistry call
- 30 min formal interview
- 3rd interview with Andrea and partner – test – question the client would ask
Please Check All Of The Questions
Where Your Answer Is YES!
- Major business function: Product/Services
- Major business function goal: Increase Profitability and Efficiency
What’s the most important thing the person in this role needs to achieve, do or accomplish in order to be considered successful?
- To productively execute SEO projects and deliverables (assigned to them by the Dir. Of Search, and show growth and progress in SEO knowledge and skillset over time.
What are the key subtasks required to achieve the primary purpose of the job?
- Conduct keyword research method and routinely come up with quality keyword research and on page SEO deliverables
- Monitor technical performance of websites and provide suggestions for improvements when issues are uncovered
- Track content marketing performance and recommend optimizations for under-performing content
- Conducting analysis and reporting on SEO campaigns
- Communicate with clients on meetings as the SEO Lead to speak to strategic recommendations and answer questions
- The SEO Specialist is responsible for executing SEO strategies across all client accounts. The main tasks include SEO deliverables such as keyword research, optimizing content, technical auditing, supporting client ad-hoc requests, reporting, among other duties.
- The SEO Specialist reports directly to the Director of Search, and may collaborate with other team members on link building and content teams.
- Search Expertise
- Keep pace with digital marketing industry trends and developments, specifically around SEO
- Stay up-to-date with white-hat optimization strategies, search engine algorithm changes and trends, as well as black hat optimization strategies to avoid
- Keyword Research.
- Performs keyword research for new accounts to support forming keyword strategies
- Completes keyword research for new content and blog topic ideation (that also speaks to client’s business objectives)
- Tackles ad-hoc keyword research requests from clients
- On-Page Optimization.
- Develops clear on-page optimization recommendations for all accounts based on keyword research, including URLs, page titles, meta descriptions, H1s, keyword seeding, internal links, and alt attributes.
- Applies updates to copy when necessary.
- Content Marketing.
- Performs competitor analysis to develop impactful content marketing strategies and campaigns for clients
- Supports content marketing strategy for all accounts and personas.
- Completes keyword research to come up with new content topics.
- May potentially complete content briefs when necessary
- Consistently analyzes and monitors content performance, coming up with solutions to address any issues or areas to improve the content
- Perform content and internal linking audits and deliver high-quality and actionable recommendations to drive more results from existing content
- Track impact of SEO and content projects to ensure SEO milestones and goals are met and provide recurring progress reports to Marketing and Product Marketing teams
- Technical SEO
- Execute various technical SEO tasks including but not limited to supporting redirect file development, resolving crawling/indexation issues, XML sitemap optimization, schema markup, etc.
- Conduct technical SEO audits for SEO accounts
- Link Building
- Track and report on the performance of target pages of link-building campaigns. Collaborate on strategy changes with the Outreach Manager.
- Perform backlink analysis as well as competitive backlink analysis
- Monthly reporting. Provide ongoing SEO and website performance metrics analysis, incorporating data into monthly (or any) reports and analysis with detailed insights and recommendations for accounts that SEO Analyst owns.
- Develop actionable and insightful reporting that speaks to KPIs, SEO goals and objectives
- Monitor client performance on a consistent basis and provide actionable recommendations to the SEO team
- Serve as the SEO Subject Matter Expert on client calls to talk through SEO deliverables, strategic recommendations, and answer client questions
Tools and Software Skills
- Proficient with Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Competent in Microsoft Excel
- Various SEO software
- Screaming Frog/DeepCrawl/Sitebulb
- Required Years of Experience: 2-3
- Salary range: $60-75K
- Bonus Eligibility: EOY/OKR bonus of up to 6% of annual base salary
- Hour allocation is 90% billable